We finally got started on putting the sink in. This was a blank wall that we decided to use as the new sink and dishwasher location. First thing, tear off the plaster so Aaron can put plumbing and electrical in. New outlets for the dishwasher and disposal. Move the light switch for the existing light. We also needed to move the phone line.
I didn't get a picture of the wallpaper that had been collecting in the wall over the years, but there was some beautiful designs there. It would have been fun to see this house develop over the years. We were also confused why the lathe only goes up 1/2 way on the left hand side of the wall. It's been replaced by drywall. Our theory is that the original stairway to the 2nd floor was on the opposite side of that wall. The drywall starts about where there would have been a landing.
With all the new outlets in place, we were ready for the backer board. I know we should have used drywall, but plywood is what we had on hand so we could finish what we started. We cut the big hole out for the plumbing rather than trying to put the pipes through the plywood. Eventually, that square will be put back in.
Moving the cabinets and dishwasher into place. Things are starting to look real!
Aaron loves this kind of plumbing. I can't say that I blame him. No stinky PVC glue, or expensive copper to deal with. Soon, the whole house will be filled with the plastic tubing.
The faucet installed. Water connected, and it works! Next step is work on the countertops and backsplash. Concrete is purchased, and waiting to be mixed and poured. I'm getting really anxious to have this done! Really excited, though, to be this far. And it is before the tomatoes HAVE to be done. My canning pot is sitting there, getting ready.