Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mr. Bathroom: Welcome to 2012...


Remember the '70's? Everything was bright, psychodellic. Glass bunches of grapes sat on every coffee table in America.
Our bathroom was modeled in the 70's I posted earlier the newspaper and carpet we found when we stripped the floor up and laid new tiles down. Now, it's time for the walls. Bright orange and yellow flowers sparkle and make the room look so dated.
I got out the primer paint and started covering those orange and yellow flowers. Oh, so white, but looking so much calmer. Today, I dropped the baby off at the babysitters so I could work undisturbed. I visited my favorite paint store (Sherwin Williams) and brought home a can of bathroom suitable paint in the color "Queen Anne's Lace." It took me over an hour to "cut in" all the corners, but already it was looking better. Then, another hour later, I had a very soft green wall and ceiling.
I have a darker color green that I plan on using on the woodwork and cabinet. I think I'll wait until Aaron gets back from his trip--or next week when the kids are home for spring break. That will take a bit more work, as there is 12 layers of paint, and I'm sure there is lead paint involved somewhere.
At least I can shower in peace now, and not feel that I should be putting on my go go boots. :) Oh, and the globe light will eventually have to go, too. That's next on my list of bathroom stuff to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment